Sponsors

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Featured Review: Anker Astro Pro 2 20,000mAh External Battery Charger

Anker-Astro-Pro-2-AH-11


I’ve reviewed quite a few battery packs in the last two years, since I’ve been here with Android Headlines. But I must say, I’ve never used one that had this much battery power inside. Anker was kind enough to send along their second generation Astro Pro 2 battery pack. It’s a pretty big battery pack, which is expected given how much capacity it holds. I typically carry around a 15,000mAh battery pack from Limefuel and a couple 10,000mAh battery packs from TYLT when I’m traveling. But that’s about to change.


Anker-Astro-Pro-2-AH-4


The Anker Astro Pro 2 is a pretty big battery pack, but it doesn’t weigh as much as you’d think. It’s also pretty thin, which is amazing. It has a brushed aluminum finish, so it looks really nice. We’ve got an LED display on the right side which shows you the percentage of battery left, as well as the bars, like a typical flip phone would. On the right side, we’ve got a power button. Which you’ll need to press that when you plug devices in. On the top we’ve got 3 USB ports which use IQ Technology, as well as a DC Output and a DC input. There’s nothing on the left side or the bottom. So what is IQ Technology? Well according to Anker “PowerIQ technology maximizes compatibility with Android, Apple or other devices by enabling charge speeds of up to 3 amps overall or 3 amps per port.”. Now I don’t have a way to really test how much output is being sent out into the devices I have plugged in, but I can say this, I charged my LG G3, as well as the ZTE ZMAX and my Sony RX100M3 from it, and it charged them all pretty quickly. Even faster then their cables that came with those particular devices.


Anker-Astro-Pro-2-AH-1


I’ve been using the Anker Astro Pro 2 battery pack for about a week now, and really like it. It’s a bit more expensive than most of the other battery packs out there right now, but given it’s also one of the largest, that would explain a lot. Their PowerIQ Technology is actually pretty cool and something I really like. As it pushes as much power to your device as it can without damaging it. Which I think is really important. This technology is in a number of other products of theirs like the 5-Port Desktop Charger, which I just received today and will be working on a full review real soon!


It’s currently on sale through Amazon for just $79.99, which you can pick up from the link down below.


Anker 2nd Generation Astro Pro 2 – 20,000mAh External Battery Charger (Amazon)


Anker-Astro-Pro-2-AH-6 Anker-Astro-Pro-2-AH-14 Anker-Astro-Pro-2-AH-13 Anker-Astro-Pro-2-AH-12 Anker-Astro-Pro-2-AH-11 Anker-Astro-Pro-2-AH-8 Anker-Astro-Pro-2-AH-2 Anker-Astro-Pro-2-AH-3 Anker-Astro-Pro-2-AH-4 Anker-Astro-Pro-2-AH-5 Anker-Astro-Pro-2-AH-7

The post Featured Review: Anker Astro Pro 2 20,000mAh External Battery Charger appeared first on AndroidHeadlines.com |.






from AndroidHeadlines.com | http://ift.tt/1sI4fRd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Articles

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...