Sponsors

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Canadian Google Play Store Sells Out of Nexus 6 In 10 Minutes

Nexus-6-AH-20


The last time a Nexus product caused me to have a love / hate internal battle, it was the Google Galaxy Nexus as I deliberated the lowly 5 MP rear camera and size of the device. At the time, a 4.7-inch, 720p resolution display seemed outrageously large (even if not as comically massive as the 5.2-inch Galaxy Note). My. Haven’t times changed? Now, the Google Nexus 6 has me in knots because I love the Nexus ideology, the 2.7 GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor, 3 GB of RAM, at least 32 GB of memory plus a decent 13 MP camera and I especially like the sound of the Qi wireless charging, 3,220 mAh battery, I am less taken by the idea of a QHD 6.0-inch display as it’s too close to my Nexus 7 tablet. I know that I could make do (grins) with the Nexus 6, but each time I consider biting the bullet, the device is showing as “out of stock.” If you’re Canadian and in the same boat, going through the same deliberations, I have some news that might make the decision a little easier (or harder, depending on your perspective) because the Nexus 6 was finally available to pre-order from the Canadian Google Play Devices Store… for ten minutes, until three out of four variants went out of stock.


The Nexus 6 is available in two colors and two sizes, either Midnight Blue or Cloud White in 32 GB or 64 GB versions. The 32 GB variant is $749 and the 64 GB version another $50 at $799. We know that Rogers, Bell, Telus, Videotron and WIND Mobile are also going to carry the Nexus 6 and this might be your only recourse this year if you’re wanting one, as they’re showing as in stock but leaving the warehouse in “three to four weeks.” Throw in some Christmas delays and I think you’d be hard pushed to get the device for Christmas, although I’d hope to be proven wrong.


There’s clearly pent up demand for the Nexus 6 and I am confident that Google will be working extra hard to clear the backlog of pre-ordered Nexus 6 handsets. A little bit of hunger marketing can go a long way, as Xiaomi understand but too much can rattle potential customers and push them away from the product. But what do our readers think? If you’re looking to pick up a Nexus 6 in Canada and you missed the ten minute window, are you going to try a carrier? Wait? Head south of the border or hit up eBay when they start shipping? Let us know in the comments below.


The post Canadian Google Play Store Sells Out of Nexus 6 In 10 Minutes appeared first on AndroidHeadlines.com |.






from AndroidHeadlines.com | http://ift.tt/1y2oP13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Articles

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...