Sponsors

Friday, January 16, 2015

Android Auto: Is Everywhere at the North American International Auto Show in 2015!

NAIAS-2015-2-01986


So I have a confession. Living in Detroit, and well Michigan, most of my life. I’ve had a big passion for cars. Especially GM, Ford and Chrysler cars. Every year I go to the North American International Auto Show that’s held here in Detroit and I love it. It’s like going to Disneyland. Now that Android Auto is really starting to make it’s way into cars this year, it has me excited. Because I can go to the Auto Show and get hands on with Android Auto. Which is awesome!


I was able to get an early preview at the Auto Show last night as part of our local ABC affiliate’s Tweetup. I was on the show floor for about an hour and a half. So by no means have I seen everything but what I did see was Android Auto. Yes! There’s a number of car makers that are putting it into their cars this year, including Hyundai, Acura, Chevy, and many others. Hyundai has demos of both CarPlay and Android Auto available. I have an appointment with them on Monday to get a full in depth look at Android Auto. So you’ll want to stay tuned for that. Android Auto is in the Hyundai Sonata, the Audi Q7, as well as the new Chevy Volt, and a slew of Ford cars through Ford Sync 3. So lots of hands on coming next week.


So why is this a big deal? Does anyone remember the Open Handset Alliance a few years ago? Where Google had partnered with all of these smartphone makers to get updates pushed out to these devices faster? Well when Google announced the Open Automotive Alliance last year, I was afraid that’d be the same thing. But we are already seeing Android Auto in just about everything. And this isn’t just seen at the NAIAS in Detroit, but also at CES last week in Las Vegas. Many of these car makers are doing it correctly, from what I can tell. Loading both Apple’s CarPlay and Google’s Android Auto onto the same car. So if you buy a Chevy Volt and have a Nexus 6 at the time. Say you buy the iPhone 7 in 2016, well you can still use it with your car, just switch over to CarPlay. No big deal. That, I think is amazing.


It’s amazing to see all this Android Auto and Apple CarPlay throughout Cobo Hall here in Detroit at the NAIAS. Considering a year ago, we didn’t really know what either of these infotainment platforms were. It’s great to see this taking off, especially on the Google side. Don’t forget, we’ve got lots of hands on coming next week from the Auto Show. So make sure you stay tuned.


NAIAS-2015-2-01989


The post Android Auto: Is Everywhere at the North American International Auto Show in 2015! appeared first on AndroidHeadlines.com |.






from AndroidHeadlines.com | http://ift.tt/1IKTS49

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Articles

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...