Sponsors

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Google My Maps now available through Google Drive

google_my_maps_in_drive


The Google Maps team has certainly been busy with new features finally reaching users the past few weeks. The most recent update involves an update that ties in with another Google service, Google Drive. Google is making access to My Maps available through Drive and eventually maps created by users will be available through Drive as well.


The immediate change to My Maps can be accessed through the “New” menu in Google Drive. Users will discover a new option under the “More” selection – Google My Maps. That is nice as a quick way to access Google’s MapsEngine product which was renamed My Maps.


Google indicates that over the course of the next week users who already have maps created and saved in My Maps will see them show up in Google Drive. Besides making these easier to access, users will be able to organize maps into folders.


In addition to the tie in with Google Drive, users will also be able to add more layers and points of interest to their maps, import bigger spreadsheets, and include more details in info boxes.


Google had previously decided to end paid subscriptions for My Maps Pro and the end of December, bringing the Pro features to all users. These recent changes suggest Google is pushing the MapsEngine platform more in the direction of consumers and end users.


source: Google Lat Long Blog




Come comment on this article: Google My Maps now available through Google Drive







from Android News, Rumours, and Updates http://ift.tt/1zbaQ8D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Articles

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...